Because of our certifications, we steward your old, unwanted electronics with the highest commitment to the environment and human health.
Waste Commission of Scott County’s Electronics Recovery Center is certified to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards. This duo of certifications ensures our customers that we follow recognized international standards for environmental stewardship as well as health and safety.
About ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
To learn more about ISO 14001 & ISO 45001, visit the International Organization for Standardization’s Website.
Our Electronics Recovery Center:
- Follows the waste hierarchy, placing greater emphasis on electronics reuse than commodity recycling because of the environmental benefits.
- Safely and securely manages data-containing items until all data is destroyed.
- Tracks all potentially hazardous materials—as well as items that contain potentially hazardous materials—all the way to final disposition.
- Adheres to the highest industry standards and best practices.
- Is an industry leader in operations, safety, and environmental performance.
- Cares about the environment in the U.S. and around the world.